Marking six stellar additions to a growing portfolio of programs and podcasts, South Asia’s leading audio entertainment streaming service JioSaavn is excited to release its new podcast line-up. The original audio shows coming to JioSaavn in the first half of the year include “Raising Parents,” “She Warriors – New York City” and “Talking Brits in Bom Part 2.” Recently released podcasts, “Millennial Kavi” and “Film City” launched earlier in the year and the well-received, popular music chat show, “Talking Music” continues for a third year. The suite of new programming covers a wide range of relatable topics, like parenting, storytelling & culture, lifestyle & health and film & TV.
Kirthi Shetty, AVP – Creative Production at JioSaavn said, “Podcasting might have been novel for India in 2016 — when JioSaavn first forayed into the category — but today it is a household staple for entertainment and information. As we continue to expand our catalogue beyond music, we aim to bring quality original programs to our users that are smart, culturally relevant and compelling. The length of these shows is very accessible — less than 20 minutes — and most of them are available in both Hindi and English, allowing for a wide variety of listeners across the country to tune in. We are confident that these shows will resonate with our growing audience of urban Indian millennials.”
- “Film City”, hosted by Rahul Ahuja, a leading Bollywood journalist, Rahul Ahuja, is a colorful mix of the latest Bollywood news, Q&As with artists and celebrities for new song and movie releases, as well as recommendations on new films and shows to watch.
- In “Raising Parents,” Mansi Zaveri, the founder of leading parenting website and app Kids Stop Press, discusses the trials and tribulations of parenthood with experts, doctors, and celebrity parents. This podcast is somewhat of a guiding light and outlet for young adults, and new parents navigating the pangs and delights of early childcare.
- “Millennial Kavi” is hosted by renowned spoken word artist and poet, Rakesh Tiwari for a short-format show that covers issues and challenges faced by the average Indian millennial: from Love, Dating, Jobs, Marriage, Kids, and so on.
- “Talking Music” hosted by Kirthi Shetty, interviews musicians from across genres about their newest releases, their journey in the music industry and everything in-between. The ongoing show is released weekly.
- Attorney and entrepreneurial coach Megha Bhouraskar takes us across the world for her podcast, “She Warriors.” She’ll interview and highlight some of the brightest female minds in New York City’s fierce business and innovation spaces. Learn how these women have worked their way to the top, designed their own trajectories, and how they are leading by example to, achieve greatness in The Big Apple
- Lastly, “Talking Brits in Bom Part 2” will return with its witty and realistic account of life as a British NRI in Bombay. Season 2 will continue through the lens of Krishna Khunti and Danny Suri, who entertain with their banter and conversation around what it means to be desi but firang in Mumbai.
“Raising Parents” and “She Warriors – New York City” are scheduled to release in the coming months. Produced entirely in-house by the JioSaavn Podcast and Creative teams, the audio shows can be accessed on the JioSaavn app.