In the last quarter of 2018 SoundCloud has partnered with six DJ software companies, including
- Native Instruments,
- Virtual DJ,
- Mixvibes and
SoundCloud is the world’s largest open audio platform, powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators on the pulse of what’s new, now and next in culture.With over 190 million tracks from 20 million creators heard in 190 countries, what’s next in music is first on SoundCloud.
“SoundCloud is such an important platform for music discovery and have long been aligned with the DJ community. We’re thrilled to partner with a service that offers such a large and diverse catalog of songs unavailable anywhere else online.” – Nick Maclaren, Chief Strategy Officer at Serato.
The music company then posted an update about a new tie up on their blog stating SoundCloud on the 12th of December saying it has rolled out its first DJ performance software integration with Serato.
Serato makes premium audio software for music lovers worldwide. Serato moved into the DJ industry, changing the game with the release of many Serato products that have enabled the creativite possibility for many artists. Serato has recently returned to the diverse world of music production with the release of Serato Sample, a high-quality sampling plugin for producers.
The integration enables creators to stream and mix SoundCloud’s massive catalog of original tracks in high quality audio using a SoundCloud Go+ premium consumer subscription with Serato DJ Pro 2.1 or DJ Lite 1.1.
What does the new release do?
- Download and log into Serato DJ Pro 2.1 or DJ Lite 1.1
- Enable SoundCloud within Serato DJ then log in using their SoundCloud Go+ premium subscription username and password
- Restart the Serato DJ application to begin accessing saved SoundCloud playlists, and to search, mix and stream from SoundCloud’s massive catalog, live
“We’re excited to introduce our first DJ performance software integration with Serato, a leader in the space. SoundCloud is committed to empowering creators with the best tools and resources to grow their careers. Today’s launch is the first time DJs can mix and stream SoundCloud’s massive catalog directly in professional-level DJ software.” – – Kerry Trainor, Chief Executive Officer, SoundCloud.
How do we access this partnership?
There are two ways to access SoundCloud’s premium consumer subscription, SoundCloud Go+:
- Purchase a standalone SoundCloud Go+ subscription for $9.99/month. Visit soundcloud.com/go for details.
- Best value for DJs: Purchase SoundCloud Pro Unlimited, SoundCloud’s premium creator subscription, and DJs can add a SoundCloud Go+ subscription for just $4.99, giving them the leading hosting tools for DJs and the world’s largest streaming catalog for a bundled price of $16.99/month. To take advantage of this offer and learn more, DJs can visit creators.soundcloud/dj.