Hanita Bhambri is an up and coming Indie singer-songwriter from Delhi. Her latest release of her single ‘Let Me Go‘ has garnered almost a million views over Youtube in a month and gotten attention from publications like Rolling Stone Magazine, RSJ, Score magazine and many more. We speak to her about her amazing Music Video Launch and what steps she took to achieve this ‘Overnight Success.’
Tell us about your background and how you got started with your career in Music.
How did you plan the release? What was your budget and what went into it?
Share with us the step by step sequence that you followed.
- Set goals
- Find a producer and bandmates. Try finding a manager too.
- Travel to different cities and build a fan base.
- Rehearse a lot – exchange feedback with your producer always.
- Choose a recording studio.
- Record – keep pushing, feed everyone, make sure everyone is relaxed and track your progress while recording.
- Plan the release – list out stuff you need to get done.
- Artwork – decide how you want to brand yourself – colors, logo, positioning.
- Decide your distributor.
- Find a director for the video.
- Marketing plan – get all content in place and write to influencers who can share your music, get you on the radio.
- Release day – Share, share, share!
Share with us a story about the most difficult thing during this process and how you dealt with it.
What were the outcomes of your promotion?
What advice for would you give to the Musicians that are just starting out?