Innovative voice controls powered by Alexa is expected to further enhance Prime members’ music listening experience.
Amazon Music today announced the launch of more innovative voice features on Alexa- available only on Amazon Prime Music – both in its mobile app as well as on Echo family devices. Amazon Prime Music listeners can now simply use voice to ask Alexa to play their favorite songs that they haven’t heard in a while. Also launching today is the ability to easily create new playlist(s) or add to the existing playlists just by asking, no searching or browsing required.
Amazon Prime Music now makes it easier to go back and listen to music from an earlier point in time by asking Alexa, eliminating the need to remember specific track titles or look back through listening history. Listeners can easily ask for their recently played songs or even those they haven’t heard in a while by artist, genre or time to make the listening experience even easier, including “Alexa, play music that I was listening to last week” or “Alexa, play me the Arijit Singh song I was listening to three weeks ago”. Also launching today is the ability to ask, “Alexa create a new playlist from this song” or add a song from their play queue to an existing personal playlist, making it easier to track and explore music while significantly enhancing the day-to-day listening experience.
Sahas Malhotra, Director, Amazon Prime Music India, said,
At Amazon, we constantly listen to our customers’ feedback and innovate to serve their needs in the best possible ways. With the launch of these new ways to discover music, we have made it easier than ever to make the music listening using your voice simpler and easier with Alexa being more like your best friend who understands you well and knows what you want to listen to – all just by asking! With the ad-free music streaming now coupled with the power and simplicity of Alexa Voice controls, Amazon Prime Music will continue to offer simpler, easier and more fun ways to listen to your favourite music.
Now, simply ask for recently played music by artist, genre, or time to make the listening experience even easier. For example, say:
- “Alexa, play me songs which I recently played”
- “Alexa, play me the Arijit Singh song I listened to last month”
- “Alexa, play me hip hop music I was listening to three weeks ago”
- Or even try, “Alexa, play music that I was listening to earlier today”
Rediscover your favourite songs you haven’t played in a while, and enjoy without the need to manually scan the search bar or listening history, just try:
- “Alexa, play songs I haven’t heard in a while”
- “Alexa, play Rihanna songs I haven’t heard in a while”
- “Alexa, play rock songs I haven’t heard recently”
- Don’t know what to ask? Just say, “Alexa, play something I haven’t heard in a while” and let her take you down the memory lane.
While listening to Amazon Prime Music on Echo family devices, add a new song to a playlist, or create a new one by asking:
- “Alexa, create a new playlist”
- “Alexa, create a workout playlist”
- “Alexa, create the playlist ‘My favorite hits’”
- “Alexa, add this song to my playlist”